Taming The Blog Monster

My journey into blogging

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Step 2 - click to go back to step 1 of the Blog Monster

Well I posted last night but the post didn't seem to show up on my blog. Either that or I just plain don't know what I'm doing yet.
Today (Saturday) I had planned to spend at-least 3 or 4 hours working out if my blogging idea I mentioned yesterday was monetarily worth while.
Instead . . .
I helped clean the pet cage.
Weeded the lawn following the first decent rain in 5 months.
Breakfast.
Spent some time teaching the kids self-defense.
Wife out at the hairdresser so three-plus hours of helping kids with projects.
Washed and hung a couple of loads of clothes.
Finished preparing some UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supplies) for a customer.
Cleaned up the paints from the "planet project" my wife and kids had done during the week.
Cleaned the car.
Lunch & dishes.
Got talked into a handball game with my eldest.
Vacuumed the guest ensuite.
Did some business paperwork which "had" to be done. (Still getting to know Quicken having changed from MYOB).
Restored the store-shed to a usable state while looking for parts.
DARN! It's 7:30pm already! Dinner time.
Kids to bed.
Dishwasher packed.
12.75hrs-plus and there went another day with my being no closer to achieving my "Interim Goal #2 (10 Sep 2006) - First monetised blog written/published and advertising"
Well ... I guess there's tomorrow !
After church. After the father's day family outing. After the trip to get parts for one of my customers. After the customer has been to collect his UPS' and parts. MAYBE I'll get to take another tiny step forward.

Hmmmm. ... Just thinking about what else I'll write. I think tomorrow night I'll go back and start writing about the my journey into blogging so there is a full history. Yep. I'll also write up my goals to add a little self-incentive to drive me harder toward achieving them. Also just in case anyone else happens to read all this waffle and finds it useful in their own "newbie" blogging journey.

Well I better go to bed now to get my "beauty" sleep !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home